Our team planned, organised and ran usability studies for Cerebrotech Medical Systems Inc. (Pleasanton, CA, USA), assessing their monitor designed to aid in the detection of brain bioimpedance asymmetry associated with stroke, and other cerebral conditions such as edema and bleeding. This work was performed in collaboration with Coventry University’s Science and Health ambulance simulator facilities.
- Usability testing strategy and plan: formative (observational) study
- Evaluation and risk assessment of the user interface (UI)
- Relevant documentation preparation e.g. participant’s consent form
- Recruitment of representative test participants
- Effective moderation of the usability test
- Data management, analysis and UI recommendations.
This case study is an example of usability study performed before the MD-TEC project began.